ServiceNow is a leader in the access request, incident management, and IT ticketing space. While it provides extensive capabilities around the generation and management of user access requests, completing the last mile of automated provisioning can be challenging for organizations of all sizes. Anomalix can enable business to close the gap of last-mile fulﬁllment through the conﬁguration and customization of ServiceNow & Identity Management System integrations.
End-user access requests have been traditionally challenging at the enterprise level. Large organizations will typically have multiple, disparate processes for requesting access. These include re-purposed IT asset ticketing systems, homegrown solutions, group email inboxes, and calls to individual administrators. The result is user confusion, difﬁculty or inability fulﬁlling compliance requirements, and inefﬁcient and costly maintenance processes.
ServiceNow IT Service Management aims to bring a service-based approach to IT access requests. The result of a fully realized implementation is reduced IT management costs, increased user satisfaction, and easier fulﬁllment of audit and compliance requirements. Coupled with the automated fulﬁllment capability found in RSA SecurID G&L, it becomes a powerful tool for end-to-end user lifecycle management. Additionally, request generated in the Identity Management System can point to ServiceNow to generate tickets for manual fulﬁllment.
Anomalix knows that each organization has unique requirements and use cases around end-user access requests. We have experience integrating with ServiceNow both as the generator and receiver of fulﬁllment requests. Furthermore, these patterns are not mutually exclusive; hybrid implementations are possible that allow ServiceNow to generate fulﬁllment requests and act as a fulﬁllment endpoint, should the need arise.
The ﬁrst pattern represents ServiceNow utilizing the Identity Management System to fulﬁll requests. This allows organizations to leverage existing provisioning connectors to automatically fulﬁll access requests.
The second pattern demonstrates ServiceNow acting as a fulﬁllment endpoint for requests generated in the Identity Management System. Systems that are not integrated or rely on ServiceNow tickets for fulﬁllment can still leverage request generated (manually or automatically). Proprietary workﬂow capabilities can monitor the status of the ticket and close the request when it has been marked complete in ServiceNow.
High-level planning for how your company can leverage ServiceNow and your Identity Management System is a straightforward affair. It comes down to:
• Which system will be used to create access requests?
• Which system will be used to approve access requests?
• Which system will be used to fulﬁll access requests?
Anomalix professional services can help plan, implement, and support your organization’s needs in each scenario.
• Identity Lifecycle Management experience with packaged application integrations including Ofﬁce 365, ServiceNow, SAP, Cerner, Epic, Google Apps, Workday, Azure Apps, Oracle ERP, AWS Apps, and PeopleSoft
• Proven success in large, complex heterogeneous enterprise environments (On-Premise and Cloud) where internal processes and procedures are immature or non-existent
• Audit & Compliance remediation experience to solve best practice deﬁciencies and satisfy regulatory mandates
• Experience in migrating from legacy IAM systems to modern IAM solutions
• In-house Project Management capabilities
• Data Analytics experience analyzing and parsing data to provide actionable analytics options for customers
• Anomalix boasts 98% Client Satisfaction, with a 92% rate of repeat business
• Anomalix Team has decades of experience in providing Identity Management solutions
• Anomalix leverages a proprietary Design and Delivery process